8672

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Bibliophile Easter Eggs 2015

... courtesy, mostly, of an extended visit to the new Foyles flagship store in Charing Cross Road, plus Easter gifts, plus assorted other places:

Everyman Library Classics - London Stories

J.M. Coetzee - The Master of Petersburg

Alice Munro - Friend of My Youth

Alice Munro - The Love of a Good Woman

Emma Healey - Elizabeth Is Missing

Wallace Stegner - Wolf Willow (which I've read, but heretofore didn't own)

International Thriller Writers (Various Contributors; General Editor: David Baldacci) - Face Off

Michael Connelly - The Gods of Guilt

James MacManus - Black Venus

Susanna Clarke - Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell

Simon Sebag Montefiore - One Night in Winter

... plus Stephen Sondheim's Gypsy at the Savoy Theatre, starring the incomparable Imelda Staunton at her knock-your-socks-off best – as Mama Rose, of course – and Peter Davison as Herbie, with Lara Pulver acquitting herself tremendously well, too, as Louise (Gypsy Rose Lee).

Plus (cough) an Easter Saturday shopping trip also involving various other places, such as Fortnum & Mason, Whittard of Chelsea, and a number of purveyors of beauty products doing business chiefly in Westminster and the West End ...