8673

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Blowback - Valerie Plame Wilson, Sarah Lovett, Negin Farsad
In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Crazy Weather

Well, gosh darn.  A total scorcher of a weekend, following a scorcher of a week, with temperatures well into the high 30s C, even though we stopped just short of cracking 40°C, as the national weather services had initially forecast.  And as of late this afternoon, we got this -- in many parts of Germany, including right here in our area (where these images were produced):

... right down with felled trees, damaged cars and roofs, houses set on fire by lightning, flooded basements, public transport interruptions, and a tornado warning for the better part of the country:

I hope everyone whose area has likewise been hit by this thing is doing well.  Stay safe!