7720

Progress: 340/928 pages
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Classic FM Favourite Shakespeare: Performed by Alan Cox & Cast - William Shakespeare, Alan Cox, Richard,  O.B.E. Griffiths, Victoria Hamilton, Derek Jacobi, Antony Sher, Imogen Stubbs, John Brunning
Moriarty - Derek Jacobi, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Anthony Horowitz
The House of Silk - Derek Jacobi, Anthony Horowitz
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

2015 Reading Recap, Part 2: The Self-Interview

The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien The Luminaries - Eleanor Catton The Small Fortune of Dorothea Q - Sharon Maas Shire - Sarah Wood, Ali Smith The Sticklepath Strangler - Michael Jecks Burmese Days - George Orwell The Skeleton Road - Val McDermid Hogfather (Discworld, #20) - Terry Pratchett Adventure of the Christmas Pudding (Poirot) - Agatha Christie A Place of Greater Safety - Hilary Mantel

Olga Godim came up with this creative way of summing up her reading year and challenged everyone to do their own.  Well, while I'm back here ... I'm in!

Olga writes: "Creatively, I decided to interview myself about my reading in 2015. The answers could only be book titles I read during the year. In the year 2015, what was your..."

Most Memorable Encounter

The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkien)

An old and treasured acquaintance, who still easily managed to outshine any and every other bookish encounter of the year.  Thanks again to Troy for making me seek him out again!

Best Vacation Spot

The Luminaries (Eleanor Catton)

New Zealand!

Most Exciting Adventure

Tie: The Secret Life of Winnie Cox and The Small Fortune of Dorothea Q (both by Sharon Maas)

Favorite Place

Shire (Ali Smith)

Least Favorite Place

Cloud Howe (Lewis Grassic Gibbon)

Worst Person You Met

Tie: Joseph Fouché (Stefan Zweig -- biography) and The Sticklepath Strangler (Michael Jecks, Knights Templar series)

Most Embarrassing Memory

Fifty Sheds of Grey  (C.T. Grey)

Worst Weather of the Year

Tie between the two extremes: Burmese Days (George Orwell) and Grey Granite (Lewis Grassic Gibbon)

Scariest Event

The Skeleton Road  (Val McDermid)

Funniest Moment

Hogfather (Terry Pratchett, Discworld)

Saddest Moment

Tie: Post Mortem  (Kate London) and The Gods of Guilt (Michael Connelly, The Lincoln Lawyer series)

Worst Food You Ate

The Five Orange Pips (Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes)

Best Food You Ate

The Christmas Pudding (Agatha Christie, Hercule Poirot)

... and a few additions of my own:

The Understatement of the Year

A Place of Greater Safety (Hilary Mantel)

The French Revolution, from Robespierre's, Danton's and Desmoulins's point of view.

Most Precious Acquisition

The Blue Carbuncle (Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes)

Favorite Garment

The Chinese Shawl (Patricia Wentworth, Miss Silver series)