8052

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

A Rising Man - Abir Mukherjee
Dark Carnival - Nancy K Duplechain
The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu: And Their Race to Save the World's Most Precious Manuscripts - Joshua Hammer
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Images Speak Louder Than Words

... they do, they really do.  This one just feels so perfect -- to me, right now, anyway, and not only in light of yesterday's election results, either.

nature-31

And no, it's not my photo -- though I dearly wish it were.  It's a pro's, and visitors of their blog are not only encouraged to share their favorite among a group of photos; they may even end up owning a canvas print version thereof.

I'm not just posting the image here to fulfill the conditions of the photographer's Christmas Giveaway, however.  To me, it comes as the perfect visual response to Grim's "Ray of Light" post -- the blazing light of the sun breaking through a mass of dark, sharp-edged blades (never mind that those are actually leaves and it's only the photographer's art that makes them look this way in the first place).  A symbol of hope, as only bright light can be, almost archetypal in its language.  And lest I go on waxing poetically, I'll shut up now ... Anyway, I really, really wanted to share this image, and I'm very glad I'm officially allowed to do so.