8672

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

The Twelve Tasks of the Festive Season -- Task the Eleventh: The Polar Express, Part 2: Hans Christian Andersen, "The Snow Queen"

The Snow Queen - Hans Christian Andersen, T. Pym

- Read a classic holiday book from your childhood (to a child if you have one handy).

Alas, I didn't have a child handy, and Holly was singularly unimpressed, so I just settled down on my couch and read Andersen's fairy tale of love conquering eternal ice all by myself!

The story also makes for very atmospheric visuals, of course ...

Russian / U.S. animated adaptation (1959 / redub 1998):

German TV (2014):

(Note: The videos won't display in BookLikes dashboard mode, only in blog mode -- from the dashboard version of this post, follow the videos' hyperlinked headers to watch the videos on YouTube.)