7203

Currently Reading

Queen of Martyrs
Samantha Wilcoxson
The Warlord Trilogy (Abridged)
Bernard Cornwell
Merlin Trilogy
Mary Stewart
Progress: 340/928 pages
The Prague Cemetery
Umberto Eco

Recently Added

Pilgrimage 4: Oberland, Dawn's Left Hand, Clear Horizon, Dimple Hill, March Moonlight - Dorothy M. Richardson
Pilgrimage: Pointed Roofs - Dorothy M. Richardson
Pilgrimage 3: Deadlock, Revolving Lights, The Trap - Dorothy M. Richardson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

The Twelve Tasks of the Festive Season -- Task the Eleventh: The Polar Express, Part 2: Hans Christian Andersen, "The Snow Queen"

The Snow Queen - Hans Christian Andersen, T. Pym

- Read a classic holiday book from your childhood (to a child if you have one handy).

Alas, I didn't have a child handy, and Holly was singularly unimpressed, so I just settled down on my couch and read Andersen's fairy tale of love conquering eternal ice all by myself!

The story also makes for very atmospheric visuals, of course ...

Russian / U.S. animated adaptation (1959 / redub 1998):

German TV (2014):

(Note: The videos won't display in BookLikes dashboard mode, only in blog mode -- from the dashboard version of this post, follow the videos' hyperlinked headers to watch the videos on YouTube.)