8672

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Holly: July 2000 -- December 27, 2016

My baby's kidneys had been ailing for the past year, and they finally failed her over Christmas.  She bravely fought a losing battle, and I will never forget her love of her humans which she conveyed to us until her very last breath.  We took her to the vet this afternoon -- she is now resting in our building's ample garden, very near the spot where we already buried Gypsy and Tiger.  I want to believe that they are reunited in a happy place.

Apologies for not having been around lately (nor will I likely be in the next couple of days).  I am crying as I type this, and as is so often the case, one major event follows on the heels of another -- more on the other things going on in my life later, at a more convenient moment.

I hope everybody else had a Merry Christmas -- and a Happy New Year to one and all, in case it should take me until next year to resurface here.

Lots of love to one and all!