8672

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Card Reveal: Women Writers Bingo

Awogfli announced in this post, a few days ago, a "female authors challenge", i.e., the intention to include more female writers in her literary intake as from 2018 on.  Others spontaneously signed on, and I promised to create a bingo card for those who want to track their reading progress that way.  So (drumroll) ... here it is!

The authors featured in the card, from top left to bottom right:

W   Mary Wollstonecraft
U   Sigrid Undset
C   Agatha Christie
A   Jane Austen
S   Sappho

I've tried to mix early women author pioneers with contemporary authors, Western / white authors with authors of other ethnicities, and authors of literary fiction with authors of other genres (mysteries, fantasy, romance), nonfiction and poetry.  The result is still a bit more Western-centric than I'd have liked, but it's the best compromise I've been able to come up with.

The idea, in any event, is not merely to read the writers whose images I've used to create the card -- it's to read more women writers, period.  Whomever you want; regardless of time period, genre, nationality, ethnicity ... just -- women writers, of all origins, genres, and styles.

Now I'll follow Awogfli's example and put together my tentative reading list ...

If anybody else is interested in joining, please do!  The more, the merrier.