10835

Recently Added

Dancing Aztecs - Donald E. Westlake
Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman - Lindy West
The Distance Between Us - Kasie West
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Be good to yourself, they said.

It'll make you feel better, they said.

So this morning, my BFF and I hit the road and drove through this sort of landscape --

(note: these are NOT my own photos -- I was driving, so I couldn't take photos at the same time; these do depict places along the way and the sort of landscape to the right and left of the freeway, however)

... for our twice (or so) annual trip to our favorite tea and spice store in Frankfurt, which we discovered when I was living down there in the early 2000s.

A few hours later, we returned home, laden with goodies (and these are my own photos now):

... among which was also, as it turned out, one part of my birthday gift for my friend this year (her birthday is in 2 weeks).  When I saw this tin:

... I just had to get it for my friend -- I had folks at the store fill it with assorted spices and spice mixes that I know she likes (all of them, the store's own blends / recipes):

... and I'm going to add another few little somethings from somewhere else, and that'll be one gift all set and ready to be given!