8672

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

16 Tasks of the Festive Season: Square 4 - Penance Day

Tasks for Penance Day: Tell us – what has recently made you stop in your tracks and think? –OR– What was a big turning point in your life? –OR– Penance Day is a holiday of the Protestant church, which dates its origins, in large parts, to Martin Luther, who published his “95 Theses” exactly 500 years ago this year. Compile a catalogue of theses (it needn’t be 95) about book blogging! What suggestions or ideas would you propose to improve the experience of book blogging?

1. Be honest.  Ultimately, you're not going to do anybody any favors by holding back on your opinion or by sparing anybody out of misunderstood politeness.  That doesn't mean, "be rude".  But honesty is, largely, what book blogging is all about.

Keep things varied and diverse.

2. By the same token, also be courteous and appreciative of / responsive to the people who read your blog.  Remember they don't have to -- they could be doing something else instead.  (Like, writing their own blogs ... or playing with their pets.)

3. Say at least a little bit about the reasons why you like / dislike a given book, or care about a given topic.  Nobody likes Amazon-style "this rox" or "this sux" reviews (for an obvious reason), and if you're going to the trouble of writing a blog post to begin with, you might as well doing it right.

4, And most of all, in a community like BookLikes: Participate, participate, participate!!