9023

Thomas McNamee, Bob Reed
Collection: The Tailor of Panama / Our Game / The Night Manager
John le Carré
Thomas McNamee
The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements
Sam Kean
Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

The Perfect Stranger - P.J. Kavanagh
Andersonville - MacKinlay Kantor
When French Women Cook: A Gastronomic Memoir with Over 250 Recipes - Madeleine Kamman
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reading Progress Update: A Cautionary Word on Cats

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Stephen Fry

(I'm about 35-40% in now, but going back to the very beginning -- I listened to this in the car today:)

"Mr Dursley blinked and stared at the cat.  It stared back.  As Mr Dursley drove around the corner and up the road, he watched the cat in his mirror.  It was now reading the sign that said Privet Drive -- no, looking at the sign; cats couldn't read maps or signs.  Mr Dursley gave himself a little shake and put the cat out of his mind."

So you think cats can't read maps, can they, Uncle Vernon?

(And her name wasn't even Professor McGonagall ... well, not that I was ever aware, at least!)

And yes, that is a map of London, too.