8525

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Dora Doralina - Rachel de Queiroz
Remember Me to Harlem: The Letters of Langston Hughes and Carl Van Vechten - Langston Hughes, Carl Van Vechten, Emily Bernard
The Women Who Got Away - John Updike
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

The Guardian is one of my go-to sources for international news; refreshingly, they've so far refrained from putting up a paywall.  I'd like their content to be able to continue being freely available on the web, but more importantly, I think these days it's more important than ever to support journalists and media organizations that are committed to reliable, in-depth reporting and aren't afraid to call out abuse and corruption.

And in (sort of) the same spirit ...

This T-shirt is a treasured gift from a Canadian penfriend, on the occasion of my first visit to Canada 30+ years ago.  In light of recent events, I decided it was time to bring it out again ... (miraculously, I can even wear it still, which has a lot to do with my friend's wise decision to opt for "too large" rather than "too small").

We now return you to your regularly scheduled reading.