10579

Recently Added

Richard of Bordeaux: A Play in Two Acts - Gordon Daviot
The Wrath and the Dawn - Ariana Delawari, Renee Ahdieh
The Raven Tower - Ann Leckie
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reading progress update: I've read 30 out of 190 pages.

The Solitary Summer - Elizabeth von Arnim

"What a blessing it is to love books.  Everybody must love something, and I know of no objects of love that give such substantial and unfailing returns as books and a garden."

No contest on the books -- and love of flowers ...

And Elizabeth has an honest-to-God favorites shelf!  Go figure!

"In the centre of my library there is a wooden pillar propping up the ceiling, and preventing it, so I am told, from tumbling about our ears; and round this pillar, from floor to ceiling, I have had shleves fixed, and on these shelves are all the books that I have read again and again, and hope to read many times more -- all the books, that is, that I love quite the best.  In the bookcases round the walls are many that I love,  but here in the centre of the room and easiest to get at, are those I love the best -- the very elect among my favourites."