10565

Wilkie Collins

Recently Added

Death in Kashmir: A Mystery - M.M. Kaye, Shibani Ghosh
Thomas Cromwell: A Life - Diarmaid MacCulloch, David Rintoul
Lone Survivor: The Incredible True Story of Navy SEALs Under Siege - Marcus Luttrell, Patrick Robinson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reading progress update: I've read 41 out of 190 pages.

The Solitary Summer - Elizabeth von Arnim

"The Man of Wrath, I observe, is laying traps for me and being deep.  He has prophesied that I will find solitude intolerable, and he is naturally desirous that his prophecy should be fulfilled.  He knows that continuous rain depresses me, and he is awaiting a spell of it to bring me to a confession that I was wrong after all, whereupon he will make that remark so precious to the married heart, 'IMy dear, I told you so.'"

The Man of Wrath is an a$$hole.  But then, we already knew that.