9818

Recently Added

Les enfants du khat - Mouna-Hodan Ahmed
Dead Man's Ransom - Ellis Peters, Roe Kendall
The Key (A Miss Silver Mystery) - Patricia Wentworth
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Discworld Group Reads

For those who haven't seen this yet and for anybody who'd like to join:

The Discworld group is going to read the books from the series in publication order, beginning on September 15.  As from December 1, we're planning on a bimonthly schedule (alternating with the bimonthly Flat Book Society reads), but of course, with Halloween Bingo approaching and a Flat Book Society read already scheduled for September 1, there needed to be some accommodation.

(Of course, we could have gone the Granny Weatherwax route --

"Granny’s implicit belief that everything should get out of her way extended to other witches, very tall trees and, on occasion, mountains"

... especially what with Wyrd Sisters, which this quote happens to be from, being the official Halloween Bingo group read ... but we decided to play nice.  Besides, some of us are going to participate in the Halloween Bingo group read in addition, and anyway, who needs this kind of stress in their lives?!)

Bonus, however, for those who are participating in both the Discworld group read and Halloween Bingo: The first Discworld book, The Colour of Magic, also qualifies for a number of Halloween Bingo squares, including Supernatural, Spellbound, Relics and Curiosities, and Cryptozoologist.

So excluding the Halloween Bingo group read, here's the prospective reading schedule for the first couple of books in the Discworld group:

September 15, 2018: The Colour of Magic (Discworld, #1; Rincewind #1)

December 1, 2018: The Light Fantastic (Discworld, #2; Rincewind #2)

February 1: 2019: Equal Rites (Discworld, #3; Witches, #1)

April 1, 2019: Mort (Discworld, #4; Death, #1)

June 1, 2019: Sourcery (Discworld, #5; Rincewind #3)

Needless to say, even outside the bingo reads, rogue buddy reads are going to happen as well and are expressly encouraged.

Come and join us -- the more, the merrier!