11016

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

Still Life - Louise Penny, Adam Sims
Murder by Matchlight - E.C.R. Lorac, Mark Elstob
Murder in the Snow: A Cotswold Christmas Mystery - Gladys Mitchell, Patience Tomlinson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reading progress update: I've read 140 out of 190 pages.

The Solitary Summer - Elizabeth von Arnim

"All those maxims about judging others by yourself, and putting yourself in another person's place, are not, I am afraid, reliable. I had them dinned into me constantly as a child, and I was constantly trying to obey them, and constantly was astonished at the unexpected results I arrived at; and now I know that it is a proof of artlessness to suppose that other people will think and feel and hope and enjoy what you do and in the same way that you do."

True. But then, you also had the courage to defy convention, Elizabeth ...

And I still think at least when it comes to cruelty vs. common decency, there is something to be said in favor of "don't do to others what you don't want to have done to yourself."