11291

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

Memoir and Poems of Phillis Wheatley, a Native African and a Slave - Phillis Wheatley, Melissa Summers
The Diaries of Adam and Eve - Walter Cronkite, Betty Buckley, Mandy Patinkin, Mark Twain
Quidditch Through the Ages - Full Cast, Andrew Lincoln, J.K. Rowling
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reading progress update: I've read 33%.

The Waiting Sands - Susan Howatch

Not the edition I'm reading, but by far the most atmospheric cover of all the editions on BL.

I don't like either of the men -- if I'm not supposed to, job well done, Ms. Howatch.  If I am supposed to like one or all of them (or even find them intriguing) ... I guess it's a good thing we've moved on since the 1970s.  That said, as a teenager I'd probably have fallen for Daniel.

Kyle of Lochalsh.
Got some photos of my own, too -- will have to look for them later.

And I'm pretty sure Roshven is inspired by Eilean Donan Castle ... which, after all, also figures in everything from James Bond to the Highlander movie (and which in reality isn't half as ancient as it is conveniently made to look).