10205

Mary Stewart
Progress: 340/928 pages

Recently Added

The Perfect Crime - Israel Zangwill, Colin Mace
Doing Justice: A Prosecutor's Thoughts on Crime, Punishment and the Rule of Law - Preet Bharara
A Spark of Light - Jodi Picoult
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 8 - Penance Day, Task 3 (Bad Hair Day)

Another member of Team Unmanageable Hair here.

It actually started somewhat inauspiciously ...

... until age 2, I didn't have any hair at all.

When it did start to grow, though, it soon became clear that it was going to be a challenge to keep in check -- it's both frizzy and curly (and the curls and general frizziness multiply with the level of humidity they're exposed to).  When I was little, my mom tried the "keep it short" approach ...

... but that ultimately didn't really help, either -- the only thing it achieved was to make me profoundly hate going to the hairdresser's (to this day, in fact).  So ever since my childhood, the struggle has been real!

1970s