11222

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

The Stories of Eva Luna - Isabel Allende, Cynthia Farrell, Samantha Desz, Timothy Andres Pabon, Gibson Frazier, Joy Osmanski
Jeeves in the Offing - P.G. Wodehouse, Ian Carmichael
Flowers For The Judge - Margery Allingham, David     Thorpe
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 11 - Russian Mother's Day, Task 1 (Mother of All Writerly Sins)

The mother of all writerly sins, in my book, is simply to annoy or to bore me.  I know that sounds awfully general, but that's what it comes down to -- it can be a trope, or too self-involved writing (looking at you, Dr. Brusatte and Ms. Wright), or sloppy editing or research, or too much stuffing, or too much telling instead of showing, or simply bad grammar ... any and all of these will set off my inner ranting reviewer.  I may not actually bother to write a review, even if I finish the book (which isn't a given), but I'll remember the reading experience, and even if I may eventually try another book by the same author -- which isn't a given, either -- (s)he will be up against a considerable bias on my part.