11016

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

Still Life - Louise Penny, Adam Sims
Murder by Matchlight - E.C.R. Lorac, Mark Elstob
Murder in the Snow: A Cotswold Christmas Mystery - Gladys Mitchell, Patience Tomlinson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 6 - International Day for Tolerance, Book

A Very French Christmas: The Greatest French Holiday Stories of All Time - Jean-Philippe Blondel, Dominique Fabre, Alphonse Daudet, Irène Némirovsky, Guy de Maupassant, Jean Brassard

An anthology of French Christmas short stories, from 19th century classics to contemporary, up to and including stories published in 2017.  "Nobody does Christmas like the French" is, of course, monumental sales hyperbole (and that's not even taking into account the ubiquitous non-French usual suspects like Dickens's Christmas Carol and E.T.A. Hoffmann's Nutcracker), but the stories included are enjoyable enough, even if (on balance) a bit on the preachy side.

Since several of these stories are set in Paris, I'm using this as my book for the 24 Festive Tasks - International Day for Tolerance square.  Since one of the anthologized stories is by Irène Némirovsky, I'm also using it for the "N" square of the Women Writers Bingo.