11222

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

The Stories of Eva Luna - Isabel Allende, Cynthia Farrell, Samantha Desz, Timothy Andres Pabon, Gibson Frazier, Joy Osmanski
Jeeves in the Offing - P.G. Wodehouse, Ian Carmichael
Flowers For The Judge - Margery Allingham, David     Thorpe
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 13 - Advent, Task 2 (Holiday Traditions)

I don't actually have one single favorite holiday tradition -- to me the holidays are pretty much a multi-faceted package, and each one of the components is equally important; everything from Christmas decorations (even if I haven't put up any this year -- but at least my mom did), candles, and Christmas cookies to the way we traditionally spend Christmas Eve (church, gift giving, sausages and potato salad for dinner, and nonstop favorite holiday movies after that) and taking time to relax and unwind on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.  I've come to realize over the years that being at home for Christmas really matters to me as well -- I've had some nice Christmases elsewhere, too, but none has even come close to the extra element of comfort and relaxation that doing "all the old familiar things" at home seems to provide.