10205

Mary Stewart
Progress: 340/928 pages

Recently Added

The Perfect Crime - Israel Zangwill, Colin Mace
Doing Justice: A Prosecutor's Thoughts on Crime, Punishment and the Rule of Law - Preet Bharara
A Spark of Light - Jodi Picoult
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 11 - Russian Mother's Day, Task 2 (Mother's Day Memory)

I usually give my mom a bouquet of flowers and take her out for lunch or dinner on Mother's Day.  One occasion I remember particularly well is when a few years ago we took a trip to a place just south of Bonn, where there is a museum and, right below, the place's former train station has been transformed into a restaurant.  It was a gloriously sunny day in May, and we very much enjoyed our food and the views of the Rhine Valley.

The museum (designed by the same architect as the Getty in Los Angeles, Richard Meier) and the train-station-turned-restaurant

The view from our table on the restaurant's terrace

Lunch -- asparagus, as matching the season

... and that year's bouquet
(as always, with hand-picked flowers, not prebound at the store)