11291

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

Memoir and Poems of Phillis Wheatley, a Native African and a Slave - Phillis Wheatley, Melissa Summers
The Diaries of Adam and Eve - Walter Cronkite, Betty Buckley, Mandy Patinkin, Mark Twain
Quidditch Through the Ages - Full Cast, Andrew Lincoln, J.K. Rowling
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reading progress update: I've listened to 160 out of 160 minutes.

The Lost Plays: Butter in a Lordly Dish / Murder in the Mews / Personal Call - Agatha Christie, Ivan S. Brandt, Richard Williams, Full Cast

Sigh.  One of the things we learn in the interviews on CD 1 is that when writing for the stage (or for radio), Christie preferred to write plays "as (original) plays", rather than adapting her own novels; and she only started doing the latter after she found that she didn't much like what other people did to her work when adapting it.  (Hear that, Mr. Osborne?)  Now guess what is one of the first things we learn upon switching to CD 2?  The version of Murder in the Mews included here -- the longest of the three radio plays in this set -- was not actually written by Dame Agatha herself but by someone else and commissioned by the BBC.  Grrrr.

Also: How can you possibly have an adaptation of this particular story without its glorious conclusion on the golf links?!