11016

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

Still Life - Louise Penny, Adam Sims
Murder by Matchlight - E.C.R. Lorac, Mark Elstob
Murder in the Snow: A Cotswold Christmas Mystery - Gladys Mitchell, Patience Tomlinson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

If you thought Wentworth couldn't go any lower than "Grey Mask" ...

The Alington Inheritance (A Miss Silver Mystery) - Patricia Wentworth The Alington Inheritance - Patricia Wentworth, Diana Bishop

... don't go anywhere near this one.

Whiny, immature, TSTL special snowflake heroine.  Insta-love.  Completely implausible, "fortuitous" (*major headdesk moment*) first encounter between hero and heroine.  Weak plotline that is further weakened by an "inverse mystery" structure -- it certainly does NOT help that we know whodunnit from the get-go.

One star for Maudie being Maudie.  Half a star for de-facto street urchin Dicke's occasional comic relief.

So much for the much-needed comfort reading I was hoping for ...

Next!!