10579

Recently Added

Richard of Bordeaux: A Play in Two Acts - Gordon Daviot
The Wrath and the Dawn - Ariana Delawari, Renee Ahdieh
The Raven Tower - Ann Leckie
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

If you thought Wentworth couldn't go any lower than "Grey Mask" ...

The Alington Inheritance (A Miss Silver Mystery) - Patricia Wentworth The Alington Inheritance - Patricia Wentworth, Diana Bishop

... don't go anywhere near this one.

Whiny, immature, TSTL special snowflake heroine.  Insta-love.  Completely implausible, "fortuitous" (*major headdesk moment*) first encounter between hero and heroine.  Weak plotline that is further weakened by an "inverse mystery" structure -- it certainly does NOT help that we know whodunnit from the get-go.

One star for Maudie being Maudie.  Half a star for de-facto street urchin Dicke's occasional comic relief.

So much for the much-needed comfort reading I was hoping for ...

Next!!