11291

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

Memoir and Poems of Phillis Wheatley, a Native African and a Slave - Phillis Wheatley, Melissa Summers
The Diaries of Adam and Eve - Walter Cronkite, Betty Buckley, Mandy Patinkin, Mark Twain
Quidditch Through the Ages - Full Cast, Andrew Lincoln, J.K. Rowling
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Booklikes-opoly 2019 - the Rules

Basic Rules & FAQ

Game Board

* Players keep track of their own game board and banks, in whatever manner you think will help you. Some players use a single update post, some use a spreadsheet, some download the game board and print if off and keep track of it that way.

Start

* Every player leaves the Start space with $20.00 in their bank. Every time you pass the "Start" square, you make $5.00

Rolling

* Dice rolls are based on the honor system. You can either roll virtual dice or you can roll real dice at home. Like in Monopoly, we roll 2 six-sided die!

* What happens with doubles?  You get to read two books - if you want. If you roll a double, move to that space and decide if you are going to read for it. Roll again, and move to your next space. You are free to do any one of the following four possibilities: read books for both spaces; read the book for the first space and skip the second; read the book for the second space and skip the first; skip both, wait until your roll day comes back up and roll again.

Banking money

* Virtual dollars are awarded based on the page length of the qualifying book, as follows:

0 to 100 pages: $1.00
101 to 200 pages: $2.00
201 to 400 pages: $3.00
401 to 800 pages: $5.00
over 801 pages: $10.00

Roll schedule

*Players can roll no more frequently than every other day. Players keep track of their own roll days. If you roll on a Tuesday, you don't roll again until Thursday. We calculate this is days, not hours, so you can roll at 11:59 on Tuesday and 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, and even though there are only 24 hours and 2 minutes between your rolls, you've rolled every other day.

Playing through a space

*Like in monopoly, you can play through a space without reading a book to fill the task, the only rule is that you have to wait for your the next roll date to move. However, if you choose to read for a space, you can't move until you finish the book and bank your payout. There are a few exceptions to this rule:

1. when you roll doubles.

2. audiobook exception below

3. if the game master (that would be me) gives you extra rolls.

Audiobooks

*Audiobooks can be used for all game play. Base the value of the audiobook on one of the print editions.

*The audiobook exception: audiobook listeners may have one audiobook in progress while they continue moving around the board. You don't bank your payout until you finish listening.

DNF'ing

*DNF's are allowed. You can count the # of pages read to get your payout - so if you read 120 pages before DNF'ing, you get $2.00 for your bank. The only caveat is that you have to read 10% of the book to get any payout.

Timing

*Game play will start on June 1 MAY 20TH and end on August 10, which gives me a couple of weeks to get ready for Halloween Bingo 2019.

*Special events and holidays: keep an eye on my blog! I will frequently offer extra rolls for holidays like the 4th of July, or other special events like Bout of Books.

In addition, I reserve the right to mess with you all! I can add features or change the rules at literally any time, so you need to keep an eye on this space!

*I will set up a Q&A thread in the Bingo group. Please post questions in that thread!

*Where a task refers to genres, you can use any source for determining genres, including GR, book lists, Librarything tags, and your common sense. If you are not sure if a book will fit a certain genre, you can post the question in Q&A.

*On the final day of game play, players must submit the value of their bank accounts to be considered for the acclaim and honor that being a BL-opoly winner brings!

Reblogged from Abandoned by user