11016

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

Still Life - Louise Penny, Adam Sims
Murder by Matchlight - E.C.R. Lorac, Mark Elstob
Murder in the Snow: A Cotswold Christmas Mystery - Gladys Mitchell, Patience Tomlinson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Oh Horrors! Fictfact closed. Please do reblog so everyone using knows to download their data.

Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!  Just went to update my series read to see this from fictfact:

"FictFact is closed.

We recently lost our primary source of income, Amazon Associate sales. Due to a minor error on our part, we unknowingly had in infraction of their terms. We tried to appeal after we corrected the issue, but was not successful and they terminated our account. Over the years, we have had donations from our wonderful supporters, but it is not enough to cover our operating costs. We are extremely sad to have to close down the site after almost 10 years. Thank you for all your support over the years!!

Please login to download your book data as a CSV file before July 1, 2019."

Even back in goodreads' heyday, I tracked my series reads there.  No other booksite has their series features.  Leafmarks might have gotten there then went defunct; Shelfari was close ... with booklikes purchase links missing or no longer working, I even made sure to use fictfact's links when buying books in order to support them.  I wish they'd have tried asking for funding from members and asking members to buy more at barnes-and-noble and their other purchase links.

I have no issues with the simple series info on goodreads or booklikes (except thoroughness on booklikes) -- but it's just not the features I wanted.  And goodreads has so many new librarians that overwrite series info without reading the descriptions or librarian notes explaining long researched accuracies that it's a gamble -- even if I was willing to go back to goodreads.  Heck, goodreads' "My Books" and search doesn't even have a series column.

Source: http://www.fictfact.com