10579

Recently Added

Richard of Bordeaux: A Play in Two Acts - Gordon Daviot
The Wrath and the Dawn - Ariana Delawari, Renee Ahdieh
The Raven Tower - Ann Leckie
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:

$$ Earned over Memorial Day: 14

Status Quo of Bank Account - Total: $$40

Novelty Card Collected: Race Car

____________________________________

As per Moonlight Reader's announcement, we got two Memorial Day Weekend "enhancement" rolls" -- yey!

Today is Friday was a roll day for me, so that means I actually get three rolls, but since I already used the first (and as I thought, only) one of these shortly after midnight Friday my time, I have had two rolls left.

As per my earlier roll, I am currently was on square 19, for which I am reading read Margaret Atwood's Hag-SeedFinished Saturday, May 25.

Moving on ...

... gets got me to the "How" Question Mark (square #26): Science fiction or a book with "How" in the title.

Hmmm.  I'm going to have to think about that one.  In the interim, my intrepid little assistants are getting a bit of a breather and some refreshments ... whenever they can tear themselves away from that book, that is.

Refreshment break over:  I settled on Julia Alvarez's How the Garcia Girls Lost their Accents.

Finished Sunday, May 26.

My second Memorial Day enhancement roll

... takes took me to the BookLikes Square (#31)!

So, I get got to spin the wheel ...

... and it turns turned out I get got to move on yet again:

-- and as MR's answer to my respective question says said that I am allowed to do this, I am moving moved to the race car (pocketing $5 for passing "GO" on the way),

then pocketing that card and rolling one more time:

... which finally gets got me to another Mountain Cabin square, #16:

A mystery or suspense book or one with all of the letters of C-A-B-I-N in the title.

And since mysteries and suspense novels are one of my favorite genres, the options for this one are plentiful, so my little assistants are getting yet another refreshment break while I make up my mind which book to read for this one.

Second refreshment break almost over, too: For this square I read Ellen Wilkinson's Division Bell Mystery. Finished Tuesday, May 28.

The Memorial Day Weekend Moves