10579

Recently Added

Richard of Bordeaux: A Play in Two Acts - Gordon Daviot
The Wrath and the Dawn - Ariana Delawari, Renee Ahdieh
The Raven Tower - Ann Leckie
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

BL-opoly: Dice Roll #7

The Grell Mystery - Frank Froest, David Bauckham The Belting Inheritance - Julian Symons, David     Thorpe

U P D A T E D

_______________________________

I just about made it through Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility in time to still be allowed to roll today on June 3.  Funnily enough, I rolled the same results as with my roll before the last one -- a 1+1 double and a 5+4 -- even though I'd actually not only gone back to start but also refreshed the page before I rolled for the first time.  Oh well -- I guess that comes under the heading of "random", too, then.

So here we go:

My first roll takes took me to square 3: School's Out For Summer -- read a book set in a school or college, or considered a "classic", or that is frequently banned.  I've decided to use this square to start my Summer of Sherlock reading program, though not with a book by ACD but with Frank Froest's Grell Mystery; a crime classic from the early days of the Golden Age of Mysteries.

Length: 304 pages

=> + $3 upon completion

Finished June 5, 2019.

My second roll puts me on square 11: Beach Week -- read a book set in a coastal region that you love or would like to visit, or a book with a beach or ocean on the cover.  This one, I'll have to think about (not that there's a lack of coastlines I love or would like to visit, but anyway), so in the interim it's refreshment break time for the crew again:

Refreshment time over.  Settled on Julian Symons's The Belting Inheritance, which has an image of (what I take to be) the Dover Cliffs and the British Channel coast on the cover.

Length: 240 pages