11016

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

Still Life - Louise Penny, Adam Sims
Murder by Matchlight - E.C.R. Lorac, Mark Elstob
Murder in the Snow: A Cotswold Christmas Mystery - Gladys Mitchell, Patience Tomlinson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Halloween Bingo 2019 PreParty -- Question for 08/07 (Day 7): Favorite Halloween Bingo Authors?

Farewell, My Lovely - Raymond Chandler And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie The Hound of the Baskervilles -  Arthur Conan Doyle White Shell Woman: A Charlie Moon Mystery (Charlie Moon Mysteries) - James D. Doss Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier, Sally Beauman We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Shirley Jackson, Bernadette Dunne Death In A White Tie - Ngaio Marsh The Blackhouse - Peter  May The Ballad of Frankie Silver - Sharyn McCrumb Wyrd Sisters  - Terry Pratchett

Going by the list of my favorite reads from years past, my favorite Halloween authors so far have been (in alphabetical order and not entirely surprisingly):

* Raymond Chandler

* Peter May

* Sharyn McCrumb

* Edgar Allan Poe

* Terry Pratchett

All of these feature with anywhere from two to five favorite reads over the course of the past three bingos.

That said, Joy Ellis was a bingo 2018 discovery (perhaps the biggest discovery of last year's bingo, in fact), and I've read several other books by her in the interim already, so I'm definitely going to try and wiggle another one of her mysteries into bingo 2019 as well.  Similarly Fredric Brown's Ed & Am Hunter mysteries, another one of last year's  great discoveries (huge hattip to Tigus!).  And even just generally speaking, I'm definitely planning to make room for some classic mysteries from both sides of the Atlantic.

On the other hand, it's very much going to depend on the makeup of my card how much horror I'm going to (re)visit, be it classic or otherwise.  So even though I read two novellas by E.T.A. Hoffmann for bingo 2016, it's not a given that I'll return to his oeuvre this year; and the same is true for Poe (and virtually all other horror writers).