10930

Recently Added

Rule Britannia - Ella Westland, Daphne Du Maurier
Paper Son (Lydia Chin & Bill Smith #12) - S.J. Rozan
China Trade - S.J. Rozan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Masterly.

Thomas Cromwell: A Life - Diarmaid MacCulloch Thomas Cromwell: A Life - Diarmaid MacCulloch, David Rintoul

Expansion into a full review to come (if I find the time), but for the moment:

If you even have the slightest interest in Tudor history and politics, run, don't walk to get this book.  And for a special treat, also get the audio version narrated by David Rintoul.  This is an intense, fact-packed read and (in either the print or audio version) not a book to rush through; but it is SO worth taking the time.  What a fascinating personality -- and what an amazing biography.