11222

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

The Stories of Eva Luna - Isabel Allende, Cynthia Farrell, Samantha Desz, Timothy Andres Pabon, Gibson Frazier, Joy Osmanski
Jeeves in the Offing - P.G. Wodehouse, Ian Carmichael
Flowers For The Judge - Margery Allingham, David     Thorpe
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Halloween Bingo 2019: Eighth Extra Square -- and Discworld October Group Read

Pyramids - Terry Pratchett, Nigel Planer

I haven't decided for which bingo square I'll be using this, but from the blurb and from what I've read so far, it will fit -- at a minimum -- the Supernatural, Creepy Crawlies, Deadlands, Monsters, Ghost Stories, Relics and Curiosities, Murder Most Foul, and Grave or Graveyard bingo squares; possibly / probably also Spellbound, Demons, Cryptozoologist, and / or Doomsday.

This has a bit of an odd beginning, but I have to say I find the description of the inner workings of the Assassins' Guild and their final examination procedures weirdly fascinating, and it promises to be a rather merciless takedown of religion in general and the Egyptian death cult in particular.