11069

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch, Michael Page
In the Hand of the Goddess - Tamora Pierce, Trini Alvarado
The Song of the Lioness Quartet: Alanna; In the Hand of the Goddess; The Woman Who Rides Like a Man; Lioness Rampant - Tamora Pierce
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 6 - Veterans' / Armistice Day: Book

Murder by Matchlight - E.C.R. Lorac Murder by Matchlight - E.C.R. Lorac, Mark Elstob

This is set in 1945 London, and it turns out the ravages of WWII are making themselves felt quite a bit.  So I've decided to use it as my book for Veterans' / Armistice Day.

On a separate note, it's quite different in tone from Bats in the Belfry (the only other book by Lorac I've read so far), and I really, really like it.

(Task: Read a book involving a war, battle, or where characters are active military or veterans, or with poppies on the cover, or honor the ‘unknown soldier’ of your TBR and read the book that’s been there the longest.)