11033

Recently Added

The Spoilt Kill: A Staffordshire Mystery - Mary Kelly
The Christmas Egg - Mary Kelly, David     Thorpe
White Nights  - Ann Cleeves
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 18 - Hanukkah: Book

Thou Shell of Death - Nicholas Blake Thou Shell of Death - Nicholas Blake, Kris Dyer

This is a Christmas book, but I'll be reading plenty more of those in the next couple of weeks (plus, it doesn't have an overly Christmas-y feel), so I'm counting it as "second book in a series" -- which takes it into the book tasks for Hanukkah.

Atmosphere aside (which I actually found to be more evocative in book 1), this is quite a jump in skillful execution from the first book, though.  This is beginning to bode better and better for the series as a whole.

(Task: Read a book about light, miracles, featuring Jewish characters, set in Israel, that is the second book in a series, with the word “two” in the title, or with a light on the cover.)