11069

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch, Michael Page
In the Hand of the Goddess - Tamora Pierce, Trini Alvarado
The Song of the Lioness Quartet: Alanna; In the Hand of the Goddess; The Woman Who Rides Like a Man; Lioness Rampant - Tamora Pierce
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 15 - International Human Rights Day: Book

Christmas Pudding - Nancy Mitford, Kristin Atherton

As a Christmas book it only works so-so (there's a Christmas party somewhere in the middle, but quite a bit of stuff before and after it, which is actually much more the focus of the book than said Christmas party), but it features one world class heavyweight dragon of a matriarch, so it works perfectly as my book for International Human Rights Day.

(Task: Read a book featuring a strong female character (or characters), by an author from any minority group, a story about a minority overcoming their oppressors, or revolving around the rights of others either being defended or abused, a book set in New York City, or a book originally written in a language other than English and / or your mother tongue or by anyone not Anglo-Saxon.)