11069

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch, Michael Page
In the Hand of the Goddess - Tamora Pierce, Trini Alvarado
The Song of the Lioness Quartet: Alanna; In the Hand of the Goddess; The Woman Who Rides Like a Man; Lioness Rampant - Tamora Pierce
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 14 - St. Nicholas' Day / Sinterklaas: Book

Five Bloody Hearts - Joy Ellis, Matthew Lloyd Davies

Well, this may be stretching the spirit of the holiday a bit (unless St. Nick should count either murderers or policemen among the many groups of people whose patron saint he is), but the dominant color of the cover definitely qualifies, and I might as well get caught up with everything Joy Ellis (sans Nikki Galena) before the year is out.

Plus, I now have an inkling why Ellis picked a cop on the brink of retirement for this new series ... I'd been wondering what she was doing, creating a third Fenland series focused on yet another detective, but this one looks like it's going to take a bit of a different direction eventually.  Intriguing!

(Task: Read a book with an orange or red cover, set in the Netherlands or Germany, by a Dutch or German author, or with nuts, chocolate, coins, canals or beer on the cover.)