11222

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

The Stories of Eva Luna - Isabel Allende, Cynthia Farrell, Samantha Desz, Timothy Andres Pabon, Gibson Frazier, Joy Osmanski
Jeeves in the Offing - P.G. Wodehouse, Ian Carmichael
Flowers For The Judge - Margery Allingham, David     Thorpe
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 24 - Epiphany: Book

Star over Bethlehem: Christmas Stories and Poems - Simon Vance, Agatha Christie

Well, most of the short stories are decidedly on the preachy side (never mind whether written for children or adults) -- and of course it didn't help in the least to have Simon Vance as a reader, highlighting that fact even further -- but the poetry is lovely, even if occasionally a bit derivative (of Shakespeare, no less).

And it's got a star prominently on the cover, so I'm claiming this as my book for Epiphany.

(Task: Read a book featuring three main characters, about traveling on a journey to a faraway place, a book that’s part of a trilogy, with a star on the cover, with the word “twelve” or “night” in the title, or concerning kings or spices.)