11069

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch, Michael Page
In the Hand of the Goddess - Tamora Pierce, Trini Alvarado
The Song of the Lioness Quartet: Alanna; In the Hand of the Goddess; The Woman Who Rides Like a Man; Lioness Rampant - Tamora Pierce
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 16 - St. Lucia's Day: Book

Krokodilwächter - Katrine Engberg, Dietmar Bär

Competent for a debut novel (in the final part more so than at the beginning) and very obviously written not for a domestic but for an international audience.  I'm not as taken with it as many others seem to be, and I doubt I'll continue the series.  (It's published as The Tenant in English.)  But obviously, it's a shoo-in for the book task for this square -- under several headers, in fact --, and in that, it's nicely served its purpose.

(Task: Read a book set in Scandinavia / Northern Europe, by a Northern European / Nordic author, with a predominantly white cover (or white with red lettering), newly released in November or December of this year, or set in the candle-lit world (i.e., before the discovery of electricity – roughly, that is, before the late 19th century).)