11069

Progress: 612/928 pages

Recently Added

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch, Michael Page
In the Hand of the Goddess - Tamora Pierce, Trini Alvarado
The Song of the Lioness Quartet: Alanna; In the Hand of the Goddess; The Woman Who Rides Like a Man; Lioness Rampant - Tamora Pierce
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 18 - Hanukkah: Task 2

Latkes -- the Chinese sweet water chestnut version:

My BFF (Gaby) and I had our traditional post-Christmas gift exchange dinner today: We decided on Chinese (dim sum) this time and, lo'n behold, I have yet another variety of latkes to add to the collection.

The rest of the meal consisted of hot and sour soup and various types of dumplings -- beef meat balls, cumin and beef dumplings, mushroom dumplings (super delicious) and spinach dumplings.

(Task: Latkes or donuts are fried in oil to remind Jews of the oil that lasted for eight days: Fry yourself up some latkes or donuts.  Share your recipe with us if they came out tasty.)