11291

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

Memoir and Poems of Phillis Wheatley, a Native African and a Slave - Phillis Wheatley, Melissa Summers
The Diaries of Adam and Eve - Walter Cronkite, Betty Buckley, Mandy Patinkin, Mark Twain
Quidditch Through the Ages - Full Cast, Andrew Lincoln, J.K. Rowling
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reading progress update: I've read 70%.

Towards Zero and Ordeal by Innocence - Agatha Christie, Hugh Fraser

I pretty much whizzed through all of Towards Zero yesterday while working on this weekend's "deep-clean one" project (which is actually not so much a case of "clean one" but of catching up with things long overdue to be taken care of).  As it's book-related, there may eventually be photos.

Anyway, back to Towards Zero ... what can I say but that it's been confirmed, yet again, as one of my favorite "non-Poirot" books by Christie?  Although technically, that isn't quite correct, as Poirot is not only name-checked; he is name-checked because this is the kind of case in which he'd excel -- one that very much relies on psychology.  Plus, it's got tons of characters I like ... and I love how even after we already seem to know the solution, Christie nevertheless still manages to "put one over" on us and twist the story's tail.

I've now moved on to Ordeal by Innocence -- where someone just referred to what we today call "helicoper parenting" as "smotherlove".  Don't know whether this was actually a word when the book was written, but it definitely should have been!