11291

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

Memoir and Poems of Phillis Wheatley, a Native African and a Slave - Phillis Wheatley, Melissa Summers
The Diaries of Adam and Eve - Walter Cronkite, Betty Buckley, Mandy Patinkin, Mark Twain
Quidditch Through the Ages - Full Cast, Andrew Lincoln, J.K. Rowling
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

"Lockdown"? -- Tell me again Germans are supposed to be law-abiding as a rule ...

I went for a short walk earlier this afternoon (alone, of course) -- the kind of thing we're still allowed to do to maintain a modicum of exercise and intake of fresh air.

This is what our street looked like -- and what it, and all the streets in our neighborhood have been looking like ever since the lockdown was put into place:

So far, so good.

Then I got to the park / promenade on the banks of the Rhine, some 2 streets (and only a few 100 metres) away.  It's a popular spot year-round -- in fact, it's one of Bonn's major parks, covering a large area on both sides of the Rhine -- and I knew others would be drawn there, too; given today's extraordinarily fine weather, it wouldn't have been realistic to expect it to be completely empty.

But I certainly wasn't prepared for this:

And not a cop in sight.

I sure hope they'll do a better job enforcing the lockdown over Easter -- when we're supposed to have equally fine weather here.