Currently Reading

Recently Added

Villette - Charlotte Brontë, Mandy Weston
A Red Death: An Easy Rawlins Mystery - Walter Mosley, Michael Boatman
A Dangerous Mourning - Davina Porter, Anne Perry
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

By the Numbers (Reblogged from Ceridwen)

This post is by Ceridwen, in case that gets reblogged out.

Now, I know that resident BookLikers are likely sick of the recent influx of the Goodreads diaspora and all our shouting. I've been involved in in-groups on social media long enough to know how irritating n00bs are with their casual galumphing over social standards developed and maintained by the invested members of a platform. So to you BookLikes Golden Agers, I apologize for continuing to complain about my Goodreads ex-boyfriend while I'm on a date with BookLikes.

That said, I have released the database that collects 12 of the 21 delete lists in Goodreads's recent policy change, in addition to an analysis - with charts! - of the data. Goodreads has been frustratingly vague in what they consider actionable; here are the book reviews that they have taken action against. I would seriously love it if folk would use this database to find out more about what Goodreads deems actionable.

Science is sexy, friends.

Science is Sexy