8673

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Blowback - Valerie Plame Wilson, Sarah Lovett, Negin Farsad
In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Shoutout: A bookseller I officially love! (Reblog from Tina Sandevska)

Please note: I am not in any way related to the company I'm about to talk about; I don't get any commissions or any benefits for talking about this bookseller. I simply want to share how happy I am with them with people who love books as much as I do.

So, to start this post I should tell you that I live in Bulgaria, a place where Bulgarian is the official language, and books in any other languages are often hard to find and are really pricey.

I completely understand how commerce works and that selling stuff needs to be profitable for you. However, I am a book collector, I buy books really often AND choose the editions (because of translation, quality, covers) very, very carefully. Of course, there are a lot of books in English (the language I mainly read in) sold in Bulgaria, but in 99% of the cases the book I want to buy is either not available at all, or is an edition that I don't want to buy and own.

So in the last couple of years I've been buying my books mainly from eBay UK. Don't get me wrong, I want to support local sellers and economy, but the situation with bookstores in Bulgaria is like we only have Amazon and that's it. What I mean is that there are literally only two big bookstore chains that offer the same titles on similar prices. And more often than not these prices are very, very high...

At the beginning of this year I discovered a UK seller on eBay called Wordery that I grew to love very quickly. They offered very cheap books (compared to price standards in Bulgaria), quick delivery and great quality of the books. So, imagine how delighted I was when their website wordery.com went officially live and started offering free delivery. I already ordered and received my first book via the new website, the book was perfect as always and arrived in 5 business days (which is about the best delivery time-frame to Bulgaria EVER).

So the main point of this post is: If you live in a God forsaken place such as myself, I recommend that you check this website. Since the page is new, they have a running promotion for 10% off of your order by using the code BOOKS at the checkout.

_________________________________________