7487

Progress: 340/928 pages

Recently Added

The Mayor of Casterbridge  (Naxos Complete Classics) - Thomas Hardy
The Mayor of Casterbridge - Martin Shaw, Thomas Hardy
The Thomas Hardy Collection - Lindsay Duncan, Martin Shaw, Robert Powell, Thomas Hardy
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Oh, Otis. (Reblogged from tamabam)

“We love having authors on Goodreads. But, we are a site that's focused on readers.  If there is a choice between what is best for readers and what is best for authors, we will always err on the side of readers.”

"I've watched us deal with many author flame wars over the years, and they all started with an author commenting on a negative review of their own book first."

"I agree that it's a shame some books have to suffer ratings that clearly are invalid. However I can't think of a way to prevent it, and I didn't see any ideas in the thread either (I did skim though). I hope you'll appreciate that if we just start deleting ratings whenever we feel like it, that we've gone down a censorship road that doesn't take us to a good place.”

All quotes deleted from Goodreads, October 2013.

________________________________________