8673

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Blowback - Valerie Plame Wilson, Sarah Lovett, Negin Farsad
In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reblog-tiquette (Reblogged from Moonlight Reader)

Reblogging is great, right? You see a really well-written, interesting post, and you want to make sure that everyone else sees it,too. But, how do you make sure that your friends dashboards aren't cluttered with post-after-post-after-post of the same post, reblogged?

Could I make a few suggestions:

First, before you reblog, go back to the source and reblog from that person. If it takes you more than three degrees of separation to get to the original blog, perhaps there is no need to actually reblog? Also, this ensures accurate attribution of the post.

Second,scroll through your dashboard before you hit reblog. If you see the post reblogged more than three times, again, perhaps there is no need to reblog. Maybe just make an attagirl/attaboy comment on the original post, to let the writer know how much you appreciated their perspective.

Third, consider, instead of reblogging, linking to the original blog with a paragraph that says something like: "hey, this is super awesome stuff by **** blogger, and you should read it. If you haven't already."

Finally, if you reblog a post that is really long, it is possible (apparently) to insert a page cut toward the beginning of the post, so that your post (and everyone else who reblogs it) takes up 3 inches of dashboard real estate instead of 9 or 12.

Thanks, everyone.

________________

Source: http://moonlightreader.booklikes.com/post/571500/reblog-tiquette

_________________

Note/PSA from Themis-Athena: Added, like all BookLikes "How To" tutorials I come across, to my BookLikes tutorials page.  Feel free to bookmark that page if you find it helpful.

Reblogged from The Quilty Reader