8673

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Blowback - Valerie Plame Wilson, Sarah Lovett, Negin Farsad
In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

In fiction, clothes no longer make the man (or woman)? (Reblogged from Jaylia -- "Reflections")

A New York Times blog piece by LEE SIEGEL on the changing role of clothes as a tool for revealing character in fiction. For Homer, Byron, Austen, Flaubert, and F. Scott Fitzgerald what a character wore told us something, but in the era of the Gap, H&M, Mango, and Abercrombie & Fitch how much does what we wear reveal about us?

Victorian lady with fan

photo by Victorian Source

article here

_______________________________

Source URL of post: http://jaylia3.booklikes.com/post/574370/in-fiction-clothes-no-longer-make-the-man-or-woman-

Source: http://jaylia3.booklikes.com/post/574370/in-fiction-clothes-no-longer-make-the-man-or-woman-
Reblogged from Reflections