8672

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

The Great Goodreads Censorship Debacle (Reblogged from Manny Rayner)

The Great Goodreads Censorship Debacle - G.R. McGoodreader

My favorite bit was the graphic dream sequence where the naive and grasping Sito is anally raped by the evil Nozama. I am not sure I understand the symbolism; some reviewers argue that the Japanese-sounding names signal an allusion to Mishima, but I cannot help feeling that another interpretation is possible. I am almost sure that some vital clue is staring me in the face.

________________________

Source: http://mannyrayner.booklikes.com/post/599547/the-great-goodreads-censorship-debacle

Reblogged from Manny Rayner's book reviews