8672

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Reading Makes the World a Better Place. Literally! (Reblog from Mad Maudie's House)

I buy a lot from BetterWorld Books because every time I buy a book, they donate a book to someone in need around the world. When I shop from them, I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck, so to speak.

So far, BetterWorld Books has re-used/recycled over 80 million pounds of books and raised over $10 million for global literacy and local libraries. That's a cause I can get behind, and the free shipping only makes the deal sweeter.

______________________________________________

Addendum from TA: Seconded all the way.  I use BWB as well; they're a great place -- with a great business+charity idea.

______________________________________________

Source: http://madmaudie.booklikes.com/post/644219/reading-makes-the-world-a-better-place-literally-