8772

John le Carré
Thomas McNamee
Detective Inspector Huss
Helene Tursten
Gilded Needles (Valancourt 20th Century Classics)
Christopher Fowler, Michael McDowell, Mike Mignola
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry
The Woman In White
Wilkie Collins

Recently Added

White Butterfly - Michael Boatman, Walter Mosley
Gilded Needles - Michael McDowell, R.C. Bray
Hunter and Hunted: The Ed and Am Hunter Novels (Frederic Brown Mystery Library) - Fredric Brown
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

REBLOG: On Bulgaria and libraries

So it all started a while ago when I posted my praise for a bookseller called Wordery. They somehow found my blogpost, tweeted me and…as of today I am officially a affiliate. What does this have to do with Bulgaria and its libraries you might ask. Well, here's the deal.

Bulgarians don't read that many books; and the books they do read, they mostly read in Bulgarian. Unfortunately foreign literature severely lacks in Bulgarian libraries, especially in the ones located in the smaller towns in my country. Bulgarian libraries have almost no financial support and almost zero budget for new books (especially the smaller ones I mentioned), and, of course, buying foreign literature in the original language is not their top priority.

I recently spent several months in one of the smaller Bulgarian towns; a friend of mine there works at the local library and man, is the situation tragic...

So I've decided to use the funds I accumulate trough this affiliate thingy to buy and donate books in English to local libraries in Bulgaria. I'm not saying you need to go and buy all your books via the Wordery link above. What I'm saying is that if you do use this link to buy at least one book (ever), the money will be used for spreading the love of books. Since I'm unable to visit all Bulgarian libraries, I will be mailing the books to them and I'll be posting updates on how my small humble cause is growing.

So yey for books and being good to others (and I'd greatly appreciate if you reblog)! :)

Reblogged from Tina Sandevska