7720

Progress: 340/928 pages
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Classic FM Favourite Shakespeare: Performed by Alan Cox & Cast - William Shakespeare, Alan Cox, Richard,  O.B.E. Griffiths, Victoria Hamilton, Derek Jacobi, Antony Sher, Imogen Stubbs, John Brunning
Moriarty - Derek Jacobi, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Anthony Horowitz
The House of Silk - Derek Jacobi, Anthony Horowitz
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

REBLOG: On Bulgaria and libraries

So it all started a while ago when I posted my praise for a bookseller called Wordery. They somehow found my blogpost, tweeted me and…as of today I am officially a affiliate. What does this have to do with Bulgaria and its libraries you might ask. Well, here's the deal.

Bulgarians don't read that many books; and the books they do read, they mostly read in Bulgarian. Unfortunately foreign literature severely lacks in Bulgarian libraries, especially in the ones located in the smaller towns in my country. Bulgarian libraries have almost no financial support and almost zero budget for new books (especially the smaller ones I mentioned), and, of course, buying foreign literature in the original language is not their top priority.

I recently spent several months in one of the smaller Bulgarian towns; a friend of mine there works at the local library and man, is the situation tragic...

So I've decided to use the funds I accumulate trough this affiliate thingy to buy and donate books in English to local libraries in Bulgaria. I'm not saying you need to go and buy all your books via the Wordery link above. What I'm saying is that if you do use this link to buy at least one book (ever), the money will be used for spreading the love of books. Since I'm unable to visit all Bulgarian libraries, I will be mailing the books to them and I'll be posting updates on how my small humble cause is growing.

So yey for books and being good to others (and I'd greatly appreciate if you reblog)! :)

Reblogged from Tina Sandevska