8672

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

The Guardian (2): Monty Python comeback show tickets sell out in 43.5 seconds

Monty Python

Pythons Michael Palin, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Carol Cleveland, Terry Gilliam and John Cleese will perform together for the first time in the UK in 40 years. (Photograph: Ian West/PA)

Tickets for the Monty Python comeback performance sold out in a very precise 43.5 seconds, it was announced on Monday as four more dates were added.

The surviving Pythons - John Cleese, Michael Palin, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam - announced last week that they were reforming for what might be the last time.

Tickets for the show at London's O2 went on sale at 10am. Such was the phenomenal demand that ones for 1 July sold out almost instantly and dates on 2, 3, 4 and 5 were immediately added.

It will be the first time the Pythons have performed together in the UK for 40 years – then it included Graham Chapman, who died in 1989.

Idle, who will direct, said of the shows: "There will be a little comedy, some pathos, music, and a tiny bit of ancient sex."