7494

Merlin Trilogy
Mary Stewart
Progress: 340/928 pages

Recently Added

The Beat Goes On: The Complete Rebus Short Stories - Ian Rankin, James McPherson
Rebus Audio Box Set 2: 7 Inspector Rebus Audiobooks - Ian Rankin, James McPherson
Rebus Audio Box Set 1: The First 10 Rebus Stories - Bill Paterson, Ian Rankin, James McPherson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet
Jane Austen

Jealousy
July 1814, when Sir Walter Scott’s first novel Waverly was published, Jane Austen was a bit jealous. She wrote the following in a letter to her niece:

“Walter Scott has no business to write novels, especially good ones.—It is not fair.—He has fame and profit enough as a poet, and should not be taking the bread out of other people’s mouths.—I do not like him, and do not mean to like Waverly if I can help it—but fear I must.”

Ironically, today Jane Austen is a much more popular author than her contemporary Sir Walter Scott.

Reblogged from Olivia Smith... and her BookWorld