8673

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Blowback - Valerie Plame Wilson, Sarah Lovett, Negin Farsad
In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Caution: Reading Can Be Hazardous

,  a judge for the National Book Awards, writes in the New York Times about the perils of reading 407 novels, from collapsed bookshelves to retinal tears.

From the middle of the article:

"I sometimes had trouble putting down a book even after I had become certain it wouldn’t make the cut. That’s the problem with fiction — or the charm, if you want. Even mediocre plots have a way of sinking their hooks into you, until you find yourself concerned for the fates of characters who aren’t even fully convincing."

How true!

Link

Source: http://jaylia3.booklikes.com/post/723076/caution-reading-can-be-hazardous
Reblogged from Reflections